Promotion


Tuesday 8 November 2011

Soapy Tales 2- Modes operandi of a pickpocket



Witnessed a "live" pickpocket scenerio at one of the KTM's station. The passengers were surrounded by a group of office attired guys when the train arrived (Imagine the scene when there is an earlier schedule cancelled at the whims and fancy of KTM) and all of us were crowded at the train doors. Purpose is to "get into" the train instead of waiting for another 1/2 hr train to arrive.

Noticed one fellow threw some coins on the floor and "pretending to pick it up". Then all of a sudden,  he grabbed the leg and start shaking as if one step on his coins. When one loose balance, another fella (his gang I suppose) pick pocket from behind



Before we know it, the guy who grab our leg has ran away!

Pickpockets happened everywhere especially at crowded places. I "hate" Mid Valley and KL Sentral Station and that's where most of the activity happened there.

To prevent this, I usually hold tight to my pocket. For handphone snatchers, I usually listen to music so that if someone will to pick on my handphone, I will immediately know as the music will terminate immediately. I will never sms any person while walking on the street as it is easy prey for the "gangster"

No comments:

Post a Comment